How to make Tonkatsu
2019-01-24 16:33 / Posted by to Gourmet
This video will show you how to make delicious Pork Tonkatsu (deep fried pork) right at home!
4 pork loin chops (about 1" thick, no bones)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup panko or bread crumbs
oil for deep frying
1. Make small cuts all over pork chops with tip of knife. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of meat.
2. Coat the meat with flour, dip in eggs, then cover with bread crumbs.
3. Heat deep frying oil to 350 F, and deep fry crumb-covered meat. You can check the temperature by dropping a bread crumb. If it comes up to the oil surface right after it's dropped, it's good.
4. Fry until color turns golden brown and meat floats in the oil, about 5-8 minutes, turning once or twice.
5. Set the meat on a cooling rack for a minute. Cut into 5-6 pieces.
Possible Articles Of Interest To You
Comment On The Article